Monday, September 29, 2014

Hot Off the Presses Vol. 1

"Hot Off the Presses" is my monthly post that lists all of new products I've posted to TPT within the past month.


I wanted to add more thematic activities this year, so I made this October Math Packet to start.  I haven't decided whether I'm going to use the files individually, or make a packet for early finishers.  Decisions!  Here are more October products, if you're interested.



"The more things change, the more things stay the same."  Have you ever heard that phrase?  That's how I feel about my sight words.  I've been using fluency charts and sight words in context for years, but I keep changing my word lists.  I used to use the Dolch Words, which I loved, but this year I decided to give Fry Words a try.  SO... new fluency charts and sight words in context it is!  I'll be adding to this as the year goes on.

Fry Word Fluency Charts (First 100 Words)
Fry Word Fluency Charts (Second 100 Words)
Fry Words in Context (First 100 Words)


These Phonics Activity Packs are SO useful.  They're great for centers, homework, classwork, or early finishers.  I've been working on getting the year's worth complete, and I'm almost there!  This month I added R-Controlled Vowels.

Phonics Activity Pack - R-Controlled Vowels


I've been making these Phonics Picture Sorts since my very first year teaching... and it shows! Uploading them to TPT has been a great incentive to upgrade things and get the files organized. Some of them were a mess, with terrible clip-art to boot.  I'm quite happy with the new clipart.

The kids *love* these.  We do them on Thursdays usually, but sometimes I make it a center activity that they visit after seeing me in small groups.  I quickly review the page with them before assigning it, so that they know, for example, whether a picture is a "smile" or a "grin."  Look for more of these soon!

Phonics Picture Sorts - Short Vowels vs. CVCe
Phonics Picture Sorts - Digraphs


These cut and paste files are a new things I'm doing this year.  I like them anytime I need something quick -- a review activity, for early finishers, homework, a sub plan, etc.  They are also good to laminate and put in centers.

Cut and Paste Activities - 10 More & 10 Less

Thanks for staying with me through that long post!

xo, Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips