Tuesday, August 20, 2013

THE Pencil Sharpener

Oh, how the summer flies by!  Our school year has already taken off, and I know that those of you who are still enjoying the summer will be back in your rooms in a few short weeks.

I have to admit, I feel a little silly writing about my pencil sharpener.  But guys, having a reliable pencil sharpener has changed my life made me a happier teacher.  It's the little things, right?


I have been through SO many electric pencil sharpeners.  I've broken some, my students have broken some, and I basically just want to tear my hair out every time.  I haven't even been able to keep a wall-mounted sharpener in my classroom.  Only two classrooms that I've taught in came equipped with one, and they both fell off the wall within the first month of school.  Seriously.

Another teacher told me that she had found success with a pencil sharpener from Sam's Club, so I took the chance.  I was a little wary of the 17 dollar price tag, but felt it would be worth it if it lasted.  After all, I had already spent approximately a bazillion dollars on numerous cheaper versions.


So I shelled out the money, brought it home, plugged it in, and fell in love!  Seriously, this thing sharpens pencils so quickly!  It takes noticeably less time to sharpen each pencil, keeps them nice and smooth, and I have never had to clear any broken pencil points.  It's held up for about a year now with heavy use, so I'm pretty impressed.  Obviously.

I just wanted to pass along my review in case anyone is shopping for a pencil sharpener this school year.  Here's a shot of the model number -- it's called the Royal p70 pencil station, if you go looking for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips