Wednesday, October 8, 2014

October Book Wish List


I am so happy that it's October!  It's my favorite month.  This weekend, we had our first taste of cool weather.  It was GLORIOUS.  My husband and I had a little coffee date, then we went to Barnes and Noble for a little window shopping.  Pictured above are some Halloween-themed picture books that are on my wish list.  I've linked to each on Amazon below.

One Spooky Night.  I loved the art in this one.  Each page has a layer of vellum over it and lifting it changes the scene.  Super cute.

Crankenstein.  I think this one is good year-round.  The main character is a normal little boy, until something doesn't go his way... then he becomes Crankenstein.  I can relate.

I am a Witch's Cat.  The main character is adorable.  She's a little girl that's convinced her mother is a witch.  The artwork here is really fun.  I think it's layers of paper cut-outs, but I'm not sure.  I only looked at it for a minute or so.

Not Very Scary.  I like this one because there was counting involved (one cat, two pumpkins, three bats, etc.).  If I get this one, I will use it in math to create word problems.

Miss Fiona's Stupendous Pumpkin Pies.  This one stood out because it's a rhyming poem.  I'm always on the lookout for poetry.

Only a Witch Can Fly.  This was another cute one with rhyming words.  It felt very gentle to me.

I hope to pick up one or two of these before the month is up.  I'm a sucker for a good picture book!

xo, Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips